Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July Recovery :)

I was very excited for the 4th of July this year. Mainly because since starting my new job I have a renewed excitement for getting out and doing stuff. We live like an hour to 2 hours away from the beach but have yet to take the kids. So we decided July 4th would be great because its always sunny and warm.

I was a little bummed with it being the middle of the week so I knew Thursday would be rough, but seriously come Tuesday midday I could not wait for a day off mid week :)

We had a great time at the beach. Several times during the day I remember thinking how lucky I am to have such a great little family...not perfect by any means but just right!

We planned to come home, bbq then go downtown for the fireworks show. But the big munchkin was too scared of the loud neighborhood fireworks so we decided against the original plan. Instead she still stayed up way past her bedtime and watched the Macy's fireworks on TV and saw the awesome (and illegal) fireworks from the various little neighborhoods around our house....those went on forever but were so awesome...and we didn't have to leave my bed (thank you house with ginormous windows!).

Getting up for my run was ROUGH but I did it and now to make through the day at work. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Here are some shots from the beach trip:

Trying to get a good pic
She posed herself...little miss sass

Love the drive!
THE BEACH!!


She loved the beach
He enjoyed eating the sand...then vomiting all over an hour later!
Me and the little munchkin

Crazy yummy lunch...little munchkin's hand trying to get it :)

 How was your fourth?

No comments:

Post a Comment