Monday, September 16, 2013

On The Home Front...

I'm back with a little update on my journey. There are not really any "uglies" like in my last post about my journey. 

On the business front, I have so many things going one, its holiday time so I have a ton products I'm trying to get into all the shops, and it's slower going than I thought. My sales are not what I thought they would be. They aren't horrible they are steady but I was hoping for more of a boost now that the holidays are approaching. 

Its hard because last year this time it was crazy at my then day job and I was not putting much into my shops so I can't really compare last year this time to this year. I know that January-Valentines day and then right before Easter through the middle of June are my busiest times but I am hoping with 3 months in a row of major holidays that I will be very busy. Fingers crossed!!

But despite that I can at least see that my sales for With Envy Paper are picking up month to month. With Envy Parties is my main shop, my main source of revenue, With Envy Babies is kind of in the background. I love it but I'm not expecting it to be the main revenue so I am slowly building inventory and I'm just content with whatever I bring in there. But I really enjoy creating scrapbook paper packs and clipart and I'm really hoping eventually to make With Envy Paper more of a contender with With Envy Parties. Baby steps :)

On the home front I am happy to report that I am starting to feel better about how I am doing as a mommy. I think this is in part due to my decision to "homeschool" my daughter this year. So I think I mentioned before that in order to leave my former job and make With Envy Studios my full time gig we had to pull my kids out of their daycare. My daughter starts kindergarten next fall (she missed the cut off by a month). Her daycare also had a preschool and private kindergarten. My kids have learned so much going there and I really didn't want my daughter to lose any of that this year being home. Plus I didn't want us just hanging out all day. 

So I decided to homeschool her with a mix of prek & kindergarten curriculum. We are starting our 3rd week and I finally feel like we have a rhythm going. My days are pretty much focused on my kids and homeschool and then after 2:30 or 3 is playing and working depending on if the hubs is home or not. I only plan to do this for a year and then she will start kindergarten, but depending on how things go I might end up doing the same with my son.

My daughter loves school and its nice to be this hands on in her learning. I feel like I'm learning more about my kids this way and myself (this is definitely teaching me patience). I also think they are seeing that mommy doesn't spend all day on the computer, which makes me feel better. Unfortunately the trade off is I continue to stay up way to late and wake up way to early to get work in. But despite that I don't feel like I'm wasting any of time like I did when I had my day job. 

I hope you all have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment